IMPACT OF COVID 19
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the South African government has issued Regulations and Guidelines to ensure the safety of all South Africans.
All Beauty Professionals must ensure that they comply with these Regulations and Guidelines, failing which they may become liable for the payment of fines.
It is important that You also comply with all Regulations and Guidelines and we urge you to use our Services responsibly and in accordance with all laws.
Bongo will not be liable in any way whatsoever for any failure by yourself or Your Beauty Professional in complying with Regulations and Guidelines issued and for taking necessary precautions.
- If you are uncertain about the practices of any of our Beauty Professionals, please contact us for assistance.
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the ‘BONGO Beauty on the GO’ website (the ‘website’).
This website is owned and operated by BONGO. (‘BONGO.’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’).
Registered number: 2017/344978/07 (South Africa), VAT number: 0707 482 147. If you have any questions about these terms & conditions or have any comments to make about our website, please email our customer services team at email@example.com
These Terms of Service (“the Terms”) constitute a legal agreement between you and BONGO. These Terms govern your use of this website and the services we provide in facilitating bookings for beauty services and orders for products. By using the website, App or Services you agree to abide by these terms. Please read these Terms carefully and thoroughly. If you do not accept these Terms, you must not make a booking for any beauty services or a purchase of any product sold by BONGO.
- “Booking” means a booking for Services made by You on our Website or through our App
- “Services” means a beauty service provided by BONGO. or an agent of BONGO
- “Website” means the website located at www.bongobeauty.co.za or the any apps published by BONGO
- “You” means use of this website
- “We/Us” means BONGO
BONGO terms of service
BONGO – Beauty on Demand Services
THE BONGO BEAUTY ON DEMAND PLATFORM
When booking a Beauty on Demand service, BONGO act as a booking agency for self-employed Beauty Professionals. Our contract with you is limited to the provision of use of our Website.
Your Beauty Professional is responsible for providing the Services to you and you have a direct contract between you and the Beauty Professional concerning the provision of Services. This contract does not include us. You and the Beauty Professional are responsible for any taxes arising as a result of the Services.
We review applications, conduct interviews and undertake other checks of Beauty Professionals with some of this process reliant on information from or undertaken by third parties. You acknowledge that we do not and cannot guarantee the accurateness or completeness of such checks, whether conducted by us.
You acknowledge that you use BONGO at your own risk. When interacting with such Professionals you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons who are unknown to you.
BOOKING BONGO BEAUTY ON DEMAND SERVICES
By making a booking through our website or over the phone, you warrant that you agree to provide complete, correct and true information including billing and payment information.
After placing a booking, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your booking. Please note that this does not mean your booking has been accepted. All Bookings are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email on behalf of the selected Beauty Professional to confirm the Booking (the ‘Booking Confirmation’). The contract between you and the Beauty Professional will only be formed when we send you the Booking Confirmation.
You agree that you will not seek to book any Services from any said Beauty Professionals other than our App for the duration of this agreement and in the 3 months after the termination of this agreement.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
Prices vary according to type and duration of Service as described on the App.
Full payment is due upon acceptance of the booked Service.
Accepted payment methods are as described on the App and website.
By making a booking you agree to provide complete, correct and true information including billing and payment information.
Promotional codes entitle you to a discount as set out by the promotional terms and conditions off At Home services.
Promotional credit is capped at one code per booking.
Customers deemed to be abusing the terms of these promotional credits will have credits removed from their account and/or their account closed.
BOOKING CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
You may cancel a confirmed booking at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 072 894 0643.
12-hours cancellation notice is kindly requested to help us reschedule your appointment.
- Less than 12 hours notice: If you cancel within or less than 12 hours of your confirmed booked appointment time you shall not receive a refund for the Service booked.
- For bookings made within 12 hours of the start time: If you book for an appointment with a start time within 12 hours, you can cancel and receive a full refund within 30 minutes of making the booking. If you cancel beyond these 30 minutes you will not receive a refund.
- More than 12 hours’ notice: Cancellations made before 12 hours of the appointment will be fully refunded.
- No-Shows: No shows or no notice cancellations will be charged 100% of the cost of the Services. You will be considered a “no-show” if you fail to be at your designated property after 10 minutes of your booked appointment time.
- Delays: If you are delayed please let us know by calling 072 894 0643 and we will do our best to accommodate you. Our stylists are instructed to wait at your home or office for 10 minutes after the appointment’s start time.
Unless otherwise specified, all paid sums are non-refundable.
If you violate any of the Terms, your permission to use the Services and Website will automatically terminate.
We reserve the right to cancel any Booking without notice or cause.
If you request to reschedule a confirmed appointment with more than 12 hours’ notice you will not incur any charge. If you request to reschedule a confirmed appointment within 12 hours of the start time, your booking will be treated as a cancellation (as above) if your assigned Beauty Professional cannot do the amended date/time. If your assigned Beauty Professional can do the amended date/time, then you will by charged 50% of the cost of the booking.
ACQUISITION OF RETURN TO GLORY (residential)
Effective 1 April 2019 all pending appointments will be managed and fulfilled through the BONGO platform.
All Packages and Gift Voucher bookings are subject to BONGO terms and conditions and cancellation policy.
BONGO reserve the right to alter the terms as set out above at any time.
BONGO terms of product
You are able to correct errors and make changes to your order up to the point at which you click on ‘place order’ on the final page of our ordering process. If you realise you’ve made a mistake, you can call us immediately to try and change or cancel it. Don’t worry if the order has already been processed, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to return your order for free, for a full refund.
Despite every effort, a small number of items in our range may be mispriced, either in print, email, on the Website or in the App.
Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If A service correct price is lower than our stated price, we will refund the difference (this excludes Sale purchases). If a service correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation. We do not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch your order. Items in your Shopping Basket will always reflect the most recent price displayed on the item’s service detail page.
BONGO does not price-match with other retailers. We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.
Subject to security checks your order maybe delayed. We apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods: Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Maestro, MasterCard. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account at the point at which your order is placed. You confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. Please note that all credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the issuer of the card. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to pay or does not for any reason authorize payment to BONGO, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery of service.
DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER
BONGO makes every effort to ensure that this website and the App is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of the App or this website or any websites accessible through it won’t cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website and screen out anything that may damage it BONGO will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
Limitation of liability
By using the Website, the App or Service, you agree to hold BONGO free from liability or responsibility for any damage that might arise out of the transaction between you and this Website, the App or any Beauty Professionals.
BONGO makes no representations or warranties in connection with this website or the App, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose, except to the extent such warranties are not legally excludable.
To the fullest extent permissible BONGO will not be liable for interruption of business; loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of dealings with or the presence of the website or off-website links; access delays or access interruptions to the website; computer viruses, system failure or any malfunction which may occur in connection with your use of our website; any inaccuracies or omissions or misleading, false or deceptive statements in the content; or, any events beyond BONGO’s reasonable control. Furthermore, to the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other damages of any kind related to your use of the website or the App and in no event shall our maximum aggregate liability exceed one hundred Rands.
Exclusions of liability
Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms & conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of BONGO or any of its employees or agents or fraud. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by South African law. If any provisions of these disclaimers and exclusions are deemed to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Complaints and submission of information
If you wish to contact us to complain about any matter in regard to Services, please email us at email@example.com
The trade marks, logos and service marks (‘intellectual property’) displayed on our website and in our App are the registered and unregistered marks of BONGO are protected by South African and international trade mark laws.
No failure to exercise and no delay on the part of BONGO in exercising any right, remedy, power or privilege of BONGO under these terms & conditions and no course of dealing between us shall be construed or operate as a waiver, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege on the part of BONGO.
Other legal notices
There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of this website, all of which will, together with these terms & conditions govern your use of this website and our App as applicable.
CHANGES TO LEGAL NOTICES
We reserve the right to change these terms & conditions from time to time and we encourage you to review them as often as possible. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the website.
LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
This website, any content contained herein, and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this website are governed by English law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa. All contracts are concluded in English.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website and on our App are owned by or licensed to BONGO. Any use of the App or this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, delete, distribute or post anything on this website for any purpose.
Promotional offers are valid when used online at www.bongobeauty.co.za and will allow money off when you order from BONGO Offers may require use of specific codes to be entered during the checkout process. Codes are valid for a set length of time. Promotions are often unique and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Offers may be limited to one use per customer.
BONGO (” We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting https://www.bongobeauty/ or any apps published by us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the “DPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (the “Regulation”) and all other relevant legislation, the data controller is BONGO. The data controller can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone at 072 894 0643
- Information we collect from you
- How we will use your information
- When we will disclose your information to others
- Your consent
- Where we store your personal data
- Your rights
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in different parts of our site https://www.bongobeauty,co.za/ or any apps published by us (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our newsletter, search for a product, add products to your wish list, place an order on our site, make a booking via our site, participate in discussion boards, leave reviews or participate in other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- if you make a booking via our site, we will also collect the following information including your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we receive from other sources. Prior to your treatment you may be asked to complete a Client Consultation Form that records your personal information and preferences for the treatments we offer. There may also be Beauty Professionals observations e.g. whether there are any pets at the premises. We will store these Consultation Forms and may make them available to other Beauty Professionals that you book through our Booking Service.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways and in accordance with the lawful basis specified:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (for example, to process your order to purchase products, or to arrange your booking for beauty services) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, but only where you have consented to receive this information;
- to provide you, or permit third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you but only where you have consented to receive this information. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
The relevant lawful bases shall be performance of a contract, fulfilling our legal obligations, our legitimate interests and consent.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for automated decision making, including profiling and information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
The relevant lawful bases shall be performance of a contract, fulfilling our legal obligations, our legitimate interests and consent.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- The relevant lawful bases shall be performance of a contract, fulfilling our legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
WHEN WE WILL DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Individuals within BONGO for the purposes of administering your account or the services you will provide to or receive from BONGO, or for the purposes of providing other information which you have consented to receive.
- Selected third parties including:
- Beauty Professionals, and other business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Payment services providers;
- Information Technology and other service providers in relation to our software, support systems and administration;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 women aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Sandton). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BONGO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Where you have previously given your consent for us to use your data in a way in which you no longer wish us to use it, e.g. to provide you with information about other products or services, you can withdraw this consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, contacting us by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 072 894 0643.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary (essential) cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping bag or make use of online payment services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Marketing You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always obtain your consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. If you provide your consent and then change your mind, you can inform us of this by clicking the unsubscribe button on the emails that we send you, contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 072 894 0643
Access to your information You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (your right of access). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service.
- Complaints If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have collected or used your information; you can lodge a formal complaint at any time by contacting the Consumer Credit Act.
- Corrections We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.